adplus-dvertising
News

Special Investigation Panel Set Up for Emir Sanusi’s Eid Violence Case

The Kano State Police Command has set up a Special Investigation Panel (SIP) to investigate the violence that occurred in the entourage of Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II after Eid prayers on March 30, 2025.

A statement by the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa, said the panel will examine the causes of the incident and any violations of the police ban on Durbar and horse-riding during the Sallah celebrations.

“The Command had earlier banned all forms of Durbar and horse-riding during Sallah due to security concerns in the state,” the statement read.

The violence led to the death of Surajo Rabiu, a vigilante member from Sabon Titi Jaba Quarters, while another person, Aminu Suleman of Kofar Mata Quarters, was injured and is receiving treatment at Murtala Mohammed Specialists Hospital.

The police have arrested two suspects: Usman Sagiru, 20, of Sharifai Quarters, and Nasir Idris, 35, of Kofar Mazugal Quarters. Shamakin Kano, Alhaji Wada Isyaku, has also been invited for questioning over alleged defiance of the Durbar ban.

The police warned against gatherings that could lead to violence. “Anyone found engaging in any act or conduct that may likely cause a breach of peace or breakdown of law and public order will be made to face the law,” the statement said.

The panel is expected to conduct a swift investigation. “The panel is charged with expediting action to ensure justice is served, and anyone found culpable will face the full wrath of the law,” the statement added.

The post Special Investigation Panel Set Up for Emir Sanusi’s Eid Violence Case appeared first on Kano Times.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button